Whether you're someone who knows their antiques, a collector looking to add some unexpected period pieces to your home, or just beginning your antique search. Here is where you will find treasures hidden in the recesses of your basement. See what kinds of amazing luxury items you will discover by reading this article!
Types of Antiques
There are many different types of antique furniture out there. If you're looking for something specific, you'll want to be sure to look for it in the right place. Here are four types of furniture that you'll likely find online:
- Vintage Reproduction Furniture: This type of furniture is a reproduction of antiques that were popular in the past, but they may not actually be old. They might be reproductions of furniture from the 18th century, for example, and while they might look authentic. They may not be made from original materials.
- Antique Furniture From Historic Locations: If you're interested in antique furniture that's from a specific time period or location, you can often find it online. This includes furniture from Colonial America, the Victorian Era, and more recent historical periods.
- Vintage Designer Antiques: If you're looking for something rare and unusual, vintage designer antiques are a good option. Many of these pieces were designed by famous architects and designers such as Russel Smith and Georg Jensen. They're usually much more expensive than other types of furniture.
Styles of Curated Antiques
There is a certain elegance to classic antiques that can be difficult to find today. As fashions change and our tastes evolve, so too does the selection of vintage goods that are prized by collectors and enthusiasts. Luckily, there are now a plethora of online antique shops that offer a rich range of styles, from delicate 18th century porcelain to rugged 19th century furniture.
When it comes to purchasing antiques, there are many important things to keep in mind. One of the most important factors is ensuring that the pieces you are buying are authentic. Another important consideration is always checking the authenticity of the seller. Some of the best ways to authenticate an antique piece is by doing a online search for similar pieces. You can also speak with an expert if you have any doubts about an antique's authenticity.
When you purchase online, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Many people make the mistake of assuming that all antiques available for sale online are fake. However, there are a few trustworthy websites, such as helenstoreyantiques.com that sell genuine antique pieces. It is important to do your research before making a purchase so you know what to look for.
Where to Find the Best Deals Online
Finding the best deals on antique vase, furniture, china, jewelry, and collectibles can be a daunting task. However, thanks to the internet, it's now possible to score some amazing deals on these items without ever having to leave your home. Here are 5 great sources of antique furniture, china, and jewelry bargains online:
- Craigslist: This popular classifieds website is a treasure trove of discontinued and surplus inventory from stores and manufacturers all over the country. You can search by city or by specific categories (such as furniture).
- Thrift Stores: Don't forget about your local thrift stores! These establishments usually have a wide variety of gently used items for sale, including antiques.
- Etsy: One of the most popular online marketplaces for handmade goods, Etsy also features a wide selection of vintage items for sale. From china to furniture, you're sure to find something here that you can't find at any other source.
- The Antique Mall: This site is dedicated exclusively to furniture and knickknacks. With over 15 million items in its database, it's one of the most comprehensive resources available online.