Christmas brings us a reason to get out of bed, forget about the unpleasant yesterdays and give ourselves a second chance at life and ourselves too! If you have been staying busy the whole year, this is the time when you can finally leave your work desk and celebrate with your friends and family! There is a party in every household and guests pour into the house every other minute! So if you have planned for one such party this week, then of course, the preparations are keeping you pretty busy we understand! Did you plan for any cocktails yet? Well, here is an article to help you out!
1. Think about the preparations very carefully- cocktails are something we drink to relax our mind and body! These boozy treats are perfect during the weekend when you wish to catch your breath and calm down for a while. If you had a hectic day, the cocktails can also help you to let go of all the weariness. So when you are planning to make one, be careful about the ingredients that you wish to consume! Keep them handy ahead of time so you do not have to rush at the last minute. The process of making cocktails is enriching too! This is an art that takes time to learn and you shouldn't rush through the process.
2. Then comes the step to make the simple syrup- this is a sugar-based syrup that is used for preparing the cocktail! You need them anytime you are planning to make cocktails! But first time first! How do you prepare the sugar syrup at home? You need to boil an equal amount of water with sugar to prepare the liquid and once the sugar has completely dissolved in the water, you can bring it down from the oven and allow it to cool! Then pour it into a bottle and place it inside the refrigerator. If you can manage to store the sugar syrup properly in the fridge, it can last up to one month.
3. Next let's come to finding one's own balance-
Everyone has their preference when it comes to enjoying cocktails. So if you are in the mood to relax and enjoy something you like, learn which flavor of drink you like with your booze! It will take you a while, a couple of trial and error processes to find out what works best for you. But once you learn about your choices there is no looking back. You can make your drink sweet and savory at the same time by adding lime to sugar in a ratio of 50:50. So find out first what works best for you. Taste it! If you like the balance then good for you, otherwise you can tilt it towards sweet or salty accordingly.
4. Let's talk about ice now- ice is something we often ignore wondering what is so special about ice cubes! But what we often fail to notice is that ice is miraculous when it comes to making cocktails. Keep a freezer bag full of ice, whenever you are hosting a party! This way you will not run out of them and in case you can't rush to the shop, the supplies are adequate for the guests. Silicone ice trays with a lid are best when you are making ice at home! They will freeze faster and like uncovered ice cubes that can get contaminated, the coveted lids will protect them. This must be also noted that silicone trays are so much easier when it comes to freezing ice cubes. This is because you can easily remove them from the tray by just squeezing and bending them on one side.
5. Always opt for quality ingredients- if you are a regular follower of the articles we post, you must be aware of how much we stress upon quality ingredients whether you are baking a cake or roasting meat! The rules apply to making cocktails as well! Do not compromise with the quality of the booze or the liquor and always purchase a juice that is rich in flavors or make them at home.
6. Think about the glassware -
Cocktails are served in different glassware depending on the kind of liquor or recipe you are making! So if you wish to enhance the beauty of presenting the drinks to the guests or make it a pleasant and perfect experience for you then be careful about the kind of glassware you use. They are very vital in setting the mood of the party and also compel you to derive the ultimate sense of relaxation from your drink. So now you know what to do!
7. Always begin with learning the classics first- if you are making cocktails for the first time then there is some training which you definitely need! For example, as a beginner, you should always begin your job by preparing easy cocktails! The old classic versions are always the simpler ones and hence the best to start with! Classic ones can still taste good and be the show-stopper. You do not have to opt for something too complex and then end up making a mess altogether.
8. Punches are wonderful - so when you are making cocktails, remember that the more the flavors the better! Hence you can opt for punches! These are great! Being boozy itself, you can enjoy them anytime you want, as a drink itself, or mix them into a cocktail recipe. Store them in a refrigerator so they remain fresh and can be used for even about a month. The ratio at which punches are prepared is as follows-
- 1 part sour (citrus)
- 2 parts sweet (simple syrup)
- 3 parts strong (spirit)
- 4 parts weak (juices etc).
You can even opt for adding some warm spices to enhance its taste as well.
9. Think creatively when it comes to making cocktails- making cocktails as we already stated is an art and if you wish to try out the best of this realm then you have to learn to experience and experiment with myriad flavors. Unless you try, how will you know which works best for you?
10. Always keep a note- if you are bringing about a modification to recipes and introducing new flavors and ingredients, keep a note of what you mixed. If it turns out great then you can make it again by following the steps you penned down, and if not you can modify the recipe further with the reference to the notes you jotted down.
Delicious Christmas Cocktails: Easy Recipes For The Holiday Season
Perfectly customized to the season of winter, the White Christmas Mojito is adorned with pomegranates on top too. This is indeed a refreshing drink to enjoy at parties.
If you are fond of drinks to accompany the appetizer, then you have come to the right place! The unique Christmas Mistletoe Kiss is fantastic and bursting with flavors so tempting! Do give it a try for sure during the holidays.
The best part about White Christmas Sangria is that it has got the best of all! You can enjoy the boozy treat and if the kids ask you for some, the non-alcoholic option is great as well. Shall we then?
Adorned with sprinkles and frosting, the Sugar cookie martini cocktail is lovely and packed with flavors so divine. Unless you try it out, there is no way you will find out! Do not miss out on its blissful taste this season.
Yes, we are talking about the graceful and tempting Christmas Margarita! Smooth, refreshing, and rich, this drink is truly amazing and will leave you craving more. Don't blame us if you feel tipsy by the end of the evening. It is all worth it!
It seems like this glass of cocktail has been brought out of the movie Frozen and Elsa had cast a magical spell on it. So if you are looking for something unique and nice then go for this one right away!
Ah! The name of this cocktail itself speaks for itself! It is definitely a Christmas cocktail and tastes so brilliant. The combination of vibrant red with a refreshing essence down the throat makes it the best. Thank us later for the idea.
There is nothing so comforting as an old-time friend like the Christmas margarita! Smooth and rich, this is a classic recipe if you like to bring back the influence of the past. Make some margaritas and have a great time!
Well, if you cannot think of any recipe for booze this weekend, perhaps you should go with the mistletoe margaritas which are indeed so good! Drizzled with cherries on top, you will thank us later for the idea! Go for it now!
Ah lovely! It simply makes us feel delighted to introduce you to the wide variety of cocktails that you can make during the holidays. Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzer is one such drink that we came across and knew it had to be here.
Yes, the boozy jello shots are exciting and fun-filled to escalate the spirits of the celebration. Indulge in the wonders of the Christmas cookie jello shots which are indeed the best that we can think of. Thank us later for the idea!
It is the brilliant color of the mojitos which makes us drool at the very first sight! You will have a similar reaction too with the smooth and syrup orange cranberry mojito served with a ginger essence. Shall we then?
The smooth and savory Christmas citrus cocktail is an excellent creation and is flooded with such an awesome taste. Gooey and luxurious, you will instantly get into the mood to party with this drink right at the drinks counter.
The best part about sangria is that it is a last-minute cocktail! If you skipped a drink while being busy with other preps, then go for the Holiday sangria that gets done in a jiffy! And to be honest, it also vanishes from the table instantly.
Yes, we are talking about the classic Mistletoe Margarita with the tangy infusion of cranberries! Do you not want to try it out then and learn to become an expert in making cocktails? Then what are you waiting for?
Smooth and refreshing, the Grinch cocktail is simply lovely and loaded with delicious flavors. You do not have to believe in our words! Try and find out on your own. So let's get started with the party preps then! Shall we?
Ah, lovely! The peppermint mocha mudslide is a brilliant recipe and if you are wondering what to serve as a boozy drink this holiday season to the guests then go for the peppermint mocha right here. And let us know how it was!
Well, if you are celebrating Christmas at home, with friends and guests coming over for a small cozy gathering then the Jungle juice holiday punch is the best idea. We can guarantee everyone will absolutely love this one.
We are absolutely a great fan of the Frosty the Snowman cocktail which turns out amazing. Suited to the theme of the occasion, the cocktail idea is fantastic and you are definitely going to fall in love with it at the very first sip.
We simply cannot think of making a cocktail recipe list for Christmas and not including this one. And why we say so, you will find out very soon. Delicious and rich, this is an excellent choice for one to indulge in.
1. What are the basic methods for making a good cocktail?
There is a basic step towards making your cocktails taste right! You are expected to shake the ingredients, build the flavors and then stir well to make sure that your drink turns out to be great.
2. Is there a way to improve your cocktail?
If you wish to enhance the wonders of your experience with cocktails then you should begin with the quality of the ingredients that you are choosing! Then go ahead and be careful about the ratio too.
3. What are some of the factors which influence the formation of good cocktails?
If you want your cocktails to turn out good then go ahead and focus on the proportion of the ingredients first. Then focus on the quality and the composition of this drink as well.
4. What is the most important ingredient in making a cocktail drink?
Ice is regarded as the most important ingredient in the cocktail when it comes to enjoying a refreshing drink. Adding life at the right time is also very vital so that it does not melt for too long and turn your cocktail too dilute.
5. How many ingredients should a cocktail have?
Three basic ingredients are needed when you are making cocktails. These include alcohol, a sour ingredient like lime juice, and a sweet component like sugar syrup.
6. What is the general ratio for making cocktails?
The general ratio which is followed while making cocktails is 2:1:1. Two parts of spirit are mixed with one part of sugar syrup and one part sour juice.
This Christmas, make your family and friends feel extra special with a festive holiday cocktail! From a cranberry whiskey sour to an eggnog martini, these easy Christmas cocktail recipes will make sure your celebrations are merry and bright. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a unique and delicious drink that everyone will enjoy. So, raise your glass and wish everyone a joyous holiday season full of delicious drinks and good cheer! As Mrs. Claus said, “Recipes make memories.” We have created a recipe book full of fun and festive Christmas cocktails that will surely inspire the holiday spirit in all of us. Cheers!
There is no better way to celebrate the holidays than with a creative and delicious Christmas cocktail. Whether you’re looking for something classic and comforting or a unique and modern twist on an old favorite, these easy Christmas recipes will certainly make a lasting impression. So take the time to pick out your ingredients, mix up your drinks, and raise a glass to a memorable and special Christmas.
This holiday season, make sure your Christmas celebration is merry and bright! Enjoy these easy and festive Christmas cocktails with your family and friends and let the good times roll.