The pandemic has completely changed the way everyone used to live, it has become the new normal - from working to getting married online. But getting married online without traveling is not as easy as it sounds and that is why you are here reading this article and know about the legal requirements for getting married online in Dubai. It is recommended to get the help of professional wedding planners to get married online and make your work easier.
Requirements of getting married in Dubai (UAE)
Getting married in Dubai whether it is online or not it isn’t that easy complying with all the legal requirements. Here are the Important requirements you must know:
- The couple must be over the age of 18 years old.
- Both must provide the legal residence permit and the bride must provide the written permission obtained from the guardian.
- Mandatory medical screening is required from HIV home test kit for both to submit the report, this is done to stop sexually transmitted diseases like HIV, AIDS, etc.
- Both bride and groom must agree to the marriage terms and consent including all regardless of religious practices.
- Two witnesses must be present.
- The father/guardian of the bride must also accept and be present at the wedding.
Cost of getting married online:
It’s just a myth that you can marry for free, you always have a legal cost that involves experts, embassies, and other bodies. But getting married online without traveling would minimize your cost to just the legal fees and expenses.
However, you could save up a large sum of your expenses on venues, attires, and reception, etc. you can definitely research a bit more about the cost if you wish to have a normal wedding.
Conclusion: Online or Legal Wedding
In the middle of a pandemic, many couples who live in GCC countries are finding it difficult to travel and back following all the procedures, so marrying online without traveling is becoming easy and people are taking advantage of being anywhere in the world. It also helps people save money as mentioned earlier.
Online wedding or legal wedding; it is recommended to get help from experts