Now that you have a toddler, your life has changed. It's not the same as it was when they were babies and everything was new to them. Now there are toys everywhere (some new and some old) and the two of you fight about what should be in their toy box. Whether you need to build up a playroom or just want to keep things interesting for your little one, these ten tips for surprising your toddler with new toys will help you keep their interest in playing alive.
Surprise Your Toddler With New Toys
There's nothing quite like the look of surprise and excitement on your toddler's face when they open up a new toy. If you want to really surprise your toddler, get them a Disney Subscription Box! These boxes are filled with all sorts of goodies, including toys, and accessories. Your toddler will love opening up their box to find out what's inside.
Here are a few tips on how to make the experience even more fun and memorable for both of you:
1. Choose a toy that your toddler will love. This may seem obvious, but it's important to pick a toy that is age-appropriate and that your child will enjoy playing with. Avoid toys that are too babyish or too advanced for their current stage.
2. Wrap the toy up in pretty paper and ribbon. This will help build anticipation and make the moment even more special.
3. Present the toy with a big smile and lots of excitement. Let your toddler know how happy you are to give them this wonderful present.
4. Be prepared for lots of hugs and kisses! Your toddler will probably be so excited that they'll want to show you how much they love you too.
Tips for Surprises
- Give your toddler a few minutes to adjust to the new toy.
- Try not to overwhelm them with too many new toys at once.
- Explain what the new toy does and how it works.
- Encourage them to explore the new toy and ask questions about it.
- Help them understand that sometimes surprises can be good things.
What to Do if They Don't Like the Toy
If your toddler doesn't seem to be too impressed with their new toy, don't worry! There are a few things you can do to try and get them interested.
First, try showing them how the toy works. Many times, toddlers just need a little demonstration to get them started. If the toy is electronic or battery-operated, make sure to let them see it in action before giving it to them.
Another thing you can do is to put the toy away for a little while and then bring it back out later. Sometimes, all it takes is a little bit of time for toddlers to warm up to something new.
And if all else fails, you can always try exchanging the toy for something that your toddler might like better. Just be sure to take the receipt with you in case they don't end up liking the new one either!
Age Appropriate Toys
Age appropriate toys are those that are designed for a specific age group and offer developmental benefits. When choosing toys for your toddler, it is important to consider their age, interests, and abilities.
Toddlers are active and curious, and they love to explore their surroundings. They are also beginning to develop their own sense of self and are becoming more independent. For these reasons, safe, sturdy toys that encourage exploration and independence are ideal.
Some great age-appropriate toys for toddlers include:
- Wooden blocks
- Shape sorters
- Pull-along toys
- Activity cubes
- Ride-on toys
- Ball pits
When selecting toys for your toddler, always opt for quality over quantity. A few well-chosen, high-quality toys will provide your child with hours of enjoyment and stimulation, and will stand the test of time.
There are many benefits to subscribing to a toy box service. It can be a fun way to surprise your toddler with new toys on a regular basis, and it can also help you save money on purchasing toys. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a subscription box for your toddler:
-Pick a service that offers age-appropriate toys. There are many toy box services that cater to specific age groups. Make sure to choose one that offers toys that are appropriate for your toddler's age and developmental stage.
-Choose a service that is flexible with its delivery schedule. Some toy box services allow you to choose how often you want to receive new boxes, while others have fixed delivery schedules. Choose a service that will work best for your family's needs.
-Look for a service that offers free shipping. Many toy box services offer free shipping on their first box, so look for one that will give you the best deal on shipping costs.