When it comes to fashion, many individuals follow different trends in order to show their individuality and sense of style. Each season, new fashion trends arise that become popular very immediately, while others go away fast for both men and women. Dressing like a hippie, on the other hand, is a fashion trend that has been around for a long time. Below is a deeper look at this fashion trend, as well as five suggestions for anybody interested in achieving a hippy appearance.
Clothing for hippies is easy to get by. In a word, dressing like a hippie entails avoiding the conventional appearance and avoiding department shops and bigger businesses that have a wide selection of the same clothes. As a result, pay a visit to Jayli to view the different choices for women's and men's trendy clothing.
When you browse at smaller shops and boutiques, you'll notice that there's more apparel created by local and regional artists. This kind of apparel is one-of-a-kind and suits the hippy appearance and attitude well. Several of the items are flowing, flowery, bright, and tie-dyed.
You'll notice more clothes created by artists in your neighborhood and beyond when you buy at smaller shops and wholesale clothing businesses.
Footwear that is recommended
When it comes to footwear, sandals or flip flops are the most popular choices. The hippie mindset is exemplified by its carefree and relaxed appearance. If you want to wear leather shoes, opt for a dark brown hue to match the various bright colors hippies wear on a regular basis.
Sandals with earth tone stones and metals, different straps that tie around the ankles, tassels, feathers, and more are examples of women's sandals. If you don't want to wear sandals like the ones described above, complete your appearance with flip-flops.
Jewelry is a wonderful way to polish off any outfit, particularly if you're going for a hippy vibe. Necklaces, bracelets, headbands, sunglasses, and other accessories may help you do this. The key is to stay away from anything with glitter or that is excessively tight. The hippie appearance is characterized by a carefree and relaxed attitude.
Skirts in the Gypsy Style
A gypsy-style skirt is one of the most classic styles for ladies. This skirt is free and flowing and available in a range of colors and designs. To connect with nature and a relaxed lifestyle, the majority of these hues are earth tones. Pair the outfit with a simple shirt, stackable bangles, and flat sandals or flip-flops to complete the look. Add tiny curved sunglasses and a headband to your long and flowing hair to enhance the appearance.
Vests are extremely popular when it comes to the hippy style, whether you are a guy or a woman. They are available in many designs, colors, and materials. To appear like a hippy from the 1960s and 1970s, pair them with a flowing shirt and faded jeans.
Look for hippie-inspired clothes at smaller boutiques, thrift stores, Buddy Love and flea markets for the best selection and prices. Keep in mind that earth tones exude a more natural and relaxed feeling, which is quite similar to hippies and their way of life.
Steps to take:
1. Before we go into any kind of clothing, the first thing we need to mention is don't be scared of color. The hippie style is defined by color, the use of accessories, and the pleasure with which they dress, as well as the utilization of natural materials.
2. Wide-ankle trousers are a good choice. They don't have to be bell-bottomed like they were in the 1960s and 1970s, but you may wear wide-ankle pants instead. Straight-fit bootcut pants are an excellent illustration of this style.
3. Hippie fashion also includes floor-length dresses or skirts with bright and playful patterns. This kind of clothing is generally not too tight on the body, but it does reveal the body form and is made of loose materials that allow for mobility.
4. Hippie fashion is characterized by shirts that are a bit tight in the breast region for females and then loose, with soft materials that enable mobility; for boys, basic shirts with any design that reminds you of the era, such as a rock band or symbol, would suffice.
5. There are many different types of shoes, and the one you choose will be determined by the season and your own style. Converse Shoes, particularly Chuck Taylor, were emblematic of the 1960s and 1970s. Sandals, platform wedges, and flat Roman-style sandals are ideal for summer. Flat, basic boots with a hint of nature, such as fringed suede or corduroy, are ideal for the Hippie style in the winter.
6. Large spectacles fit both males and girls, although girls may usually have more fun with this look. Hair bows, long necklaces, thick bracelets in various patterns, and big bags are all essential elements of Hippie fashion that effectively complete your ensemble.
7. Because the Hippie counterculture style is inextricably connected to nature, always select natural fabrics and, if feasible, organic clothes, whose production and dyeing methods have a lower environmental effect than the rest.
8. To finish the appearance, including some of the era's features, such as the peace sign or certain kinds of patterns, but don't go overboard; you want to dress in Hippie style, not like you just stepped out of a time machine from the 1960s.
If you're looking for more articles like How To Dress Like A Modern Day Hippie, we suggest looking through our Fashion & Style section.
How to Dress Like a Hippie
1. Layered Off-Shoulder Silk Maxi Dress
2. The Smocked Plumeria Floral Off-The-Shoulder Midi Dress
3. Andrea Pleated Off-the-Shoulder Midi Dress
4. Jacquard Embroidered Tassel-Tie Maxi Dress
5. Flower Dream Embroidered Applique Maxi Dress
6. Mixed Tapestry Scarf Maxi Dress
7. Pineapple Jacquard Split-Neck Maxi Dress
8. Wild Jungle Cocoon-Sleeve Maxi Dress
9. Macaw Leaves Flutter-Sleeve Tiered Maxi Dress
10. Multicolor Crochet Tassel-Tie Maxi Dress
11. Ombre Forest Ruffle Tunic Maxi Dress
12. Macaw Tassel-Tie Embroidered Maxi Dress
13. Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress
14. Bree Tassel Drawstring-Waist Cotton Maxi Dress
15. Graphic Rio Tassel Midi Dress
16. Delicate Forest Scarves Eyelet Midi Dress
17. Fresh Forest Puff-Sleeve Midi Dress
18. Mixed Neon Garden Midi Dress
19. Leopard Toucans Smocked Midi Dress
20. Red Good Vibes Puff-Sleeve Midi Dress
21. Neon Eyelet Viscose Tiered Maxi Dress
22. Kaira Tiered Ruffle Maxi Dress
23. Floral Dream Tiered Ruffle Maxi Dress
24. Red Good Vibes Tie-Shoulder Mini Dress
25. Shinny Hearts Printed Ruffle Maxi Dress
- Few Artistic Costume Notions For Women To Style Leather Hat
- Boho Chic Style for Summer to Flaunt Your Season Vibes
- 14 Style Tips How To Wear White Dresses This Summer
- Women's Styled Outfits: 50 Cute Summer Outfit Ideas